Advices for the public | Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
The World 2020: How to treat Coronavirus? Prevention and precautions to take?
The new strain of coronavirus, which originated in Wuhan, China, has killed many people
How to protect yourself from Coronavirus
Currently, there is no specific treatment for a pneumonia-like virus – like many viruses. Because it is a new disease, there is no vaccine.
Affected patients should treat symptoms in the same way they are treated with a cold – with rest, fever medications, and plenty of fluids.
Although coronaviruses have been around for years, the Wuhan coronavirus was not previously identified in humans. The virus can cause other respiratory illnesses such as the common cold, or more serious diseases such as SARS or Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS)
Corona virus first appeared in 2012 in Saudi Arabia and then in other countries in the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Europe, and about 858 people died as a result of the outbreak
Doctors believe that the disease originated from an animal source, as many of the early confirmed cases were associated with the live seafood and animal market in Wuhan.
Covid-19 is now in 50 countries, and it will get worse, but there are proven ways to reduce damage.
According to the World Health Organization, nearly 180,000 people worldwide are infected with the coronavirus, about 7,500 people have died, and most new cases and deaths are now occurring outside China.
Other people facing this high risk include people 60 years and over, pregnant women, young children, people with serious chronic diseases of the lung and kidneys, and people with weakened immune systems.
Health site can be accessed from here
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover the cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissues away.
- Stay away from work.
- Avoid touching surfaces in public places.
- Try not to touch your face, and avoid people who seem sickly.
Get ready at home
Think about how to manage your condition by staying at home for a long time due to the coronavirus. These tips can help you:
- Make sure you can get to your doctor quickly. Collect contact information for health care providers
- Evaluate your medications. Make sure you have enough for a long time. Also find out how you will get the packages if you can’t leave the house. Find out if your pharmacy can deliver packages. Evaluate food, drinks and hygiene items for yourself and your family,
- Stay healthy at home
- Eat healthy at home and stay active at home
What if you have symptoms of a coronavirus?
Common symptoms include fever and cough. Contact your health care provider if you have these symptoms.
Download the application: From here